Power engineering experts and educators from the Office for Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education (MSTE) and the Information Trust Institute (ITI) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have developed educational and outreach materials for the TCIPG project.
TCIPG Education Goals
- Link researchers, educators, consumers, and students.
- Develop interactive lessons and activities.
- Create interest in STEM disciplines and careers.
- Educate for consumer acceptance and use of smart grid technologies.
- Encourage further learning.
The Trustworthy Cyber Infrastructure for the Power Grid (TCIPG) is a Department of Energy-funded project, with support from the Department of Homeland Security. The research team brings together experts from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Dartmouth College, Cornell University, the University of California at Davis, and Washington State University.